|Gökhan Özoğuz Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||October 11, 1976|
Gökhan Özoğuz is a Turkish musician known for being the co-founder of the ska-punk band, Athena. He is the lead vocalist and guitarist in the band that also features his twin brother, Hakan. They have released numerous albums with One Last Breath (April 1993) being their first. The album was not very successful and after numerous club performances, Gökhan initiated the change of the band’s style from thrash metal to ska-punk. 5 years later, in 1998, Athena’s 2nd album titled Holigan (Hooligan) was released. The album received much love from the general public, so much so that its title song was adopted as a sports anthem by football fans across the country. After the album’s success, Gökhan and his band went on a nation-wide tour. Their 3rd album was released in 2000 and was titled Tam Zamanı Şimdi (Full Time Now). That album’s first single Yaşamak Var Ya (To Live or) was a popular hit and the album’s sales reached “Gold” status in no time.
In 2002, their next album titled Her Şey Yolunda (Everything is OK) was released. 2 songs from this album became major hits – Öpücük (Kiss) and Beyoğlu. Gökhan featured as the Turkish entry at the 2004 Eurovision Song Contest in Istanbul as a part of Athena. The band performed their song For Real, finishing 4th in the competition. Their next album title Us came out in 2004. The next year, Gökhan again experimented with a new genre. His band dabbled in alternative rock and created the eponymous album, Athena. After again touring the country for a while, Gökhan decided to take an extended break and moved to London. He returned after a few years and continued the alternative rock style with the next album, Pis (Filthy) that came out in 2010. 4 years later, Gökhan’s lyrics were manifested in the album, Altüst (Upside Down). The song Ses Etme (Sound) from this album had its music video published in 2016. It highlighted the hate crime and prejudice against transgender people.
Fenerbahçe, Kadıköy, Istanbul, Turkey
Caddebostan, Istanbul, Turkey
Gökhan completed an open education program from the Anadolu University in Eskişehir, Turkey.
- Father – Ahmet Özoguz (Pharmacist)
- Mother – Nurhan Özoguz
- Siblings – Hakan Özoguz (Twin Brother) (Musician)
He is represented by –
- Secil Atan Kurumak, Manager, Libra Music, Istanbul
- Onur Özkan, Booking Agent, Pasaj Muzik, Istanbul
- Emre Duymaz, Press Relations
Ska Punk, R&B, Punk Rock, Garage, Alternative rock, Thrash metal
- Pasaj Muzik
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gökhan has dated –
- Cansu Dere (2004-2005) – Gökhan Özoguz was in a short-lived relationship with Turkish actress and model Cansu Dere for about a year from 2004 to 2005. They were first linked towards the end of 2004 when they were reportedly noticed on a romantic date in the Arnavutköy neighborhood of Istanbul. In March 2005, the couple was again spotted holidaying in Madrid. However, their alliance did not last long, and they split later that year.
- Melis Ülken (2012-Present) – In 2012, Gökhan started dating Melis Ülken and the pair got married in December 2012. The couple has 3 children – a son named Ali Özoğuz and 2 daughters named Ayşe Derya Özoğuz (b. July 2013) and Leyla Özoğuz.
Race / Ethnicity
- Close-cropped hair
- ‘Flower’ Tattoo on his neck and tattoos on both arms and shoulders
- Often sports a necklace and ear studs
Gökhan and his band Athena have endorsed brands such as –
- Casio G Shock
Gökhan has appeared in the TV commercials for brands such as –
In 2014, Gökhan shared a photo of his, revealing that he was from the Surgery Lodge sect of the religion. Many celebrities in Turkey align themselves with the sect.
Best Known For
Co-founding the ska-punk band Athena and his performances as the band’s lead vocalist and guitarist
As a member of Athena, Gökhan released his first album titled One Last Breath in 1993.
Gökhan made his feature film debut as ‘Himself’ in the 2003 Turkish film O Şimdi Asker (He’s in the Army Now).
First TV Show
Gökhan made his TV show debut as a guest star on the TV series Tatli Kaçiklar (Sweet Freaks) in 1999.
Gökhan Özoğuz Favorite Things
- Bands – Metallica, Slayer, Dirty Rotten Imbeciles, Stormtroopers of Death, Nuclear Assault, and Megadeth
- Music Genre – Sufi
Source – Facebook, Joluu.com
Gökhan Özoğuz Facts
- Along with his brother Hakan, he was also part of the jury in the 3rd season of the reality TV singing competition O Ses Türkiye, the Turkish version of The Voice in 2011.
- After the success of their 2nd album, Gökhan and his band Athena opened for the iconic music group The Rolling Stones at a concert at the Ali Sami Yen Stadium, in Turkey.
- Gökhan’s band represented Turkey at the Millennium Concert at Taksim Square in Istanbul on the first night of 2000.
- Gökhan’s song Devam Boşver (Continue to forget) was included in the album “World of Ska Volume 11”.
- His band recorded the song Oniki Dev Adam (12 Giant Men) in 2000 for Turkey’s national basketball team. It was a request from the team and they used to play it at least twice during their games for motivation.
- In 2003, Gökhan contributed to the song Savaşa Hiç Gerek Yok (No Need for War). It was part of a movement by multiple musicians against the Iraq War.
- In 2011, Gökhan wrote the Turkish lyrics of Frank Sinatra‘s famous song My Way and his band recorded a cover for the song. They performed it at the Rock’nCoke festival.
- In September 2012, his band opened for the popular band Red Hot Chili Peppers in Istanbul.
- A song from his 2005 album, Athena was included in the soundtrack of Electronic Arts‘ 2006 FIFA video game.
- In 2006, Gökhan’s band released the EP titled IT. It featured their cover of Nirvana‘s song Breed.
- Gökhan and his band released an album in 2007 in honor of the football club Fenerbahce‘s 100th Anniversary celebrations.
- From his band’s 2014 album Altüst, the single Kafama Gore (My Head) was chosen by Vodafone FreeZone for their youth campaign.
- In 2016, he wrote a song called Geblo for the cartoonist Bülent Üstün’s cult animated character Bad Cat Serafettin.
- In 2017, Athena released a new single titled Geberiyorum (I am Dying) which was based on a poem by famed Turkish writer Nazım Hikmet Ran.
- Gökhan has appeared on the cover of magazines such as Yüxexes (June 2005), Blue Jean (Turkey) (December 2014), and GQ (Turkey) (January 2017).
- Visit his band’s official website @ athenaofficial.com.
- Follow him on Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Maurice07 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0
The post Gökhan Özoğuz Height, Weight, Age, Body Statistics appeared first on Healthy Celeb.