|Dede Raad Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||April 4, 1992|
Dede Raad is a renowned American fashion blogger and digital influencer. As a child, she had a deep love for fashion and grew up spending her Sundays conceptualizing and designing different outfits. She grew up in Houston and her studies were focused on hotel and events management. After graduation, she worked as a tradeshow and event manager at an oil and gas company in Houston but soon realized that she wanted to do something else. After her wedding, she shifted gears and worked as a wedding planner for 2 years and that is where she re-discovered her passion for design. She always wanted to get in the fashion and design industry but was somehow intimidated by the idea of working there, feeling that somewhere she lacked the nous to make it big in the field.
Eventually, in 2015, she found the perfect middle path by starting a website called Dress Up Buttercup. It started as a lifestyle, fashion, and beauty blog, but with time, it has evolved into a full-fledged affiliate advertising and marketing platform. Initially, brands that were trying to partner with her or sponsor her, did not realize the true value of the platform. However, in the next 3-4 years, the exponential growth of the website has seen so many brands wanting to associate with her that she has had to hire assistants just to keep the site on track and functional. Her website hosts affiliate links for clothing articles, fashion accessories, makeup products, and home décor items. After her pregnancy, she has also added an entire section for baby care products and accessories.
Bridezilla Pool Chilla
Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Dede graduated with a Hotel & Restaurant Management degree with an emphasis on Events Management from the Hilton Conrad College at the University of Houston.
Fashion Blogger, Digital Influencer
- Father – He died in 2012.
- Mother – She was a former flight attendant.
- Siblings – Katy (Younger Sister) (Trainee Pilot)
- Others – Rima Lahoud (Aunt)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dede has dated –
- Ted Raad (2008–Present) – Dede started dating Ted Raad at the age of 16 in 2008. They had known each other from their school days and their families have always been close. Ted proposed to her in 2011 and after Dede’s graduation, the couple got married on August 4, 2012, at the Chateau Cocomar in Houston. The wedding was featured on the popular wedding blog Style Me Pretty. In August 2019, Dede gave birth to a daughter, named Rosie.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Caucasian and Arab)
She is of German descent on her father’s side and has Palestinian ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Tanned body
- Dimpled smile
- Long, straight hair
On her official website, Dede has promoted numerous brands such as –
- Yves Saint Laurent
- Estée Lauder
- Tom Ford
- Steve Madden
- Laura Mercier
Best Known For
Her widely followed blogs about fashion, lifestyle, baby care, beauty, and travel on her website Dress Up Buttercup and the eponymous Instagram page
After Giving Birth, Dede had started to shift back her focus on fitness. She worked out at her local Equinox Fitness Club, where she practiced kickboxing on Saturdays. She went for hot yoga and vinyasa yoga at a fitness center called Black Swan Yoga.
Dede preferred to work out alone and as of October 2019, she was aiming to add cycling, Pilates, and treadmill to her routine.
Dede Raad Favorite Things
- Shopping Portals – Amazon, Goodnight Macaroon, Revolve, Shopbop
- Retail Outlets – Anthropologie, Banana Republic, Express, J Crew, Loft, Macy’s, Nordstrom
- Pets – Dogs
- Day Of The Week – Sunday
- Chocolate – Cadbury Egg
- Food – Sushi
- Travel Destinations – Greece, Italy, Australia
Source – DressupButtercup.com
Dede Raad Facts
- She boasts of more than 600k followers on her Instagram page.
- One of her early jobs was at Pine Cove summer camps as a counselor.
- Being half Palestinian, Dede understands Arabic. However, she is not too fluent when it comes to speaking the language.
- The Chateau Cocomar in Houston, where Dede got married, had never hosted any ceremonies. Dede’s wedding was the first such event hosted there. After her wedding, she worked as a wedding planner at the same venue from 2012 to 2014.
- Dede’s father passed away just 2 months before her wedding.
- Every month, Dede does charity work via ‘giveaways’ on her website. She chooses multiple winners from amongst those who ‘like’ all her photos for the month and they can win various prizes, including an iPhone. Each winner gets to choose a charity and Dede donates USD 200 to that charity on the winner’s behalf.
- Dede is a travel buff. She once got stuck in Rome for one night and explored the city with a total stranger.
- She has worked as a wedding planner for Miss USA 2008, Crystle Danae Stewart and the daughter of the University of Houston’s President.
- Dede and her husband got a dog named Chewy in 2008, the year that they started dating.
- She often acknowledges the support of her husband on her blogging journey. He often handles her taxes, helps out in her photoshoots, and proofreads her posts.
- Dede has made it a point to promote only those products or services that she trusts in and has turned down some lucrative offers when the brand has not resonated with her or has not been the right fit for the image that she has built over the years.
- Dede partners with several retailers, brands, and shopping portals, create Instagram posts and/or blogs for their products and services, and uses those posts to give a direct link to customers to buy those products and services.
- Despite the success of her affiliate marketing program, she has not forgotten the origins of her website. She still updates the site with a new blog post every Monday and although most posts can be some manner of brand promotion, she often posts personal stories.
- Visit her official website @ dressupbuttercup.com.
- Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Dede Raad / Instagram
The post Dede Raad Height, Weight, Age, Body Statistics appeared first on Healthy Celeb.