|Bucky Covington Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||November 8, 1977|
Bucky Covington is an American singer, songwriter, musician, actor, and TV personality best known for his appearance on the 5th season of the music game-show, American Idol in 2006, where he ended up in 5th place. A few months later, in December 2006, he signed a record deal with Lyric Street Records and released his eponymous debut studio album on April 17, 2007. The album was a massive success, debuted at the top of the Billboard Top Country Albums chart, and also contained 3 hugely successful singles. His 1st single from the album, A Different World debuted at number 6 on Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, while I’ll Walk reached number 10, and It’s Good to Be Us reached number 11. Despite announcing his 2nd studio album, I’m Alright, around January 2009, scheduled for release for April 27, 2010, his record label, Lyric Street Records, closed down, forcing him to release it as an EP.
In the time period between 2009 and 2010, he already released 3 singles in preparation for the 2010 studio album. Those were titled I Want My Life Back, a cover of Nickelback’s single Gotta Be Somebody, and A Father’s Love (The Only Way He Knew How), and were on the tracklist of his 2nd studio album, Good Guys, on September 11, 2012, under E1 Music record label. The album sold 3k copies in the United States and peaked at number 30 on the Billboard US Top Country Albums chart. It also spawned 2 notable singles, Drinking Side of Country and I Wanna Be That Feeling. Bucky also released a live EP, Live from Rockingham in November 2009 as well as 2 EPs, Reality Country, in May 2010 under Lyric Street Records, and Happy Man, in July 2015, which was self-released. On May 21, 2018, after a 3-year break, he released a single titled Probably Won’t via Barefootin’ Records.
William Joel Covington III
Bucky, Buckeroo, Buck
Rockingham, North Carolina, United States
Franklin, Tennessee, United States
Bucky attended Scotland High School in Laurinburg, North Carolina, United States, and graduated in the class of 1996.
Singer, Songwriter, TV Personality, Actor, Musician
- Father – Gene Covington
- Mother – Deborah Gates
- Siblings – Robert David “Rocky” Covington (Identical Twin Brother)
- Others – Terra Convington (Sister-in-Law), Buck Covington (Grandfather)
Bucky Covington is represented by –
- RMA Presents (Talent Agent) in Parkersburg, West Virginia, United States
- his fiance, Katherine Cook (Manager) in Franklin, Tennessee, United States
Vocals, Drums, Guitar, Bass Guitar
- Lyric Street Records (2006-2010)
- Entertainment One (E1) Music
- Barefootin’ Records
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bucky Covington has dated –
- Crystal Callahan (1999-2007) – He rarely spoke of his former wife, Crystal Callahan with whom he parted ways on February 13, 2007, after more than 7 years of marriage.
- Katherine Cook (2011-Present) – Bucky got engaged to Katherine in 2011 and after around 3 years, on October 10, 2014, the couple welcomed their 1st child, a daughter named Kennedy Taylor Covington. Bucky and his wife and daughter exclusively appeared in an episode of medicine talk-show, The Doctors in September 2018. The reason for the appearance was that Kennedy was born with a tumor called infantile hemangioma. It caused her arm to swell up quickly and start drawing blood, which was very traumatizing for Bucky. At the time of their appearance on the show, the tumor was operated on and the spots that were left behind, the family called it Kennedy’s “angel kisses”.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Signature long, luscious golden blonde hair
- Towering height
Best Known For
- Releasing notable country studio albums such as Bucky Covington (2007) and Good Guys (2012)
- Releasing 3 notable singles from his debut studio album, Bucky Covington (2007) titled A Different World, It’s Good to Be Us, and I’ll Walk
- His social media fanbase with more than 300k followers on Facebook and more than 100k followers on Twitter
Bucky Covington released his debut studio album titled Bucky Covington on April 17, 2007, which sold more than 60k copies and debuted at #4 on the Billboard 200 chart. It also debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart, which made it the best opening week for a debut album by a male since 1992, when Billy Ray Cyrus released his debut, Some Gave All. It consisted of 11 tracks in total, out of which 3 were released as singles, titled I’ll Walk, A Different World, and It’s Good to Be Us. The others were titled The Bible and the Belt, Carolina Blue, Hometown, Empty Handed, I’m Good, Ain’t No Thing, American Friday Night, and Back When We Were Gods.
First TV Show
Bucky Covington made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ in the Hollywood Eliminations: Part 1 episode of the game-show, music, reality-TV series, American Idol in 2006.
Bucky Covington Favorite Things
- Singers/Rappers – Pink, Eminem, Kid Rock, Elvis Presley, Tim McGraw, Jonny Lang
- Songs – Elvis Presley’s Suspicious Minds, Lynyrd Skynyrd’s Simple Man
- Movie – Tombstone (1993)
- Hobbies – Four-Wheeling/Dirt-Biking, Boating
- Car – 68 Camaro
Source – Wikipedia, IMDb, Medium, Medium
Bucky Covington Facts
- His nickname stems from the name of his grandfather, Buck.
- Before he was a musician and singer, Bucky painted cars at Covington’s Body Shop in Hamlet, North Carolina, United States.
- Bucky was terrible in high school, didn’t do homework, and didn’t take the education seriously since he knew he would work in his dad’s body shop.
- Saying “Screw it!” helped him throughout his life, as he learned not to dwell on things, and just let them go.
- He has a dog named Slim.
- The only regret in his life was that when his stepfather passed away from a heart attack cutting grass, they “had a fuss” about it, and he could never make it right.
- Bucky has one of his favorite quotes, “Kill ’em with kindness”, tattooed on his left forearm.
- He taught himself how to play the guitar at the age of 18 and began performing in clubs nearby.
- He was a lead singer for the band Swamp Cat from North Carolina in the past.
- At the age of 20, Bucky and Ricky, his identical twin brother had a minor automobile accident. The sheriff couldn’t determine who was behind the wheel, as Rocky allegedly drove but Bucky pretended to be the driver. The plaintiff also couldn’t distinguish and determine who was driving.
- His twin brother also auditioned for the American Idol but didn’t make it as far as Bucky. It was his sister-in-law, Terra who convinced Bucky to try out in the 1st place.
- After his appearance on the American Idol in 2006, Bucky and his twin Ricky moved into a house in Franklin, Tennessee, very close to Nashville, with their families. The house also had a 90-acre property and Bucky couldn’t imagine living anywhere else, even though people from any town in the United States recognized and accepted him.
- He has a ritual of jumping around before going on-stage to perform.
- One of the songs from his 2007 debut studio album titled Empty Handed got featured in a racing video game, NASCAR 08.
- As of October 2019, he would love to make a duet with Chad Kroeger, the lead vocalist of the band Nickelback, whose physical appearance also closely resembles that of Bucky.
- Bucky is an amazing cook and prepares his best dishes on the grill and with a lot of spices.
- As of 2019, Bucky owned a body shop named Covington’s Collision Center with his twin brother. He also did the business side such as writing and producing the music and content of the TV ads for the shop. However, he said he wasn’t a mechanic and never did car restorations as he hated doing them. Bucky stated that his secret for success is being “unfailingly honest with customers”.
- He has to have 3 things with him at all times – his guitar, sunglasses, and his phone.
- In early 2019, Bucky auditioned and got his 1st big movie role of a high school football coach. The sports drama titled Brother’s Keeper also stars Milo Gibson and Laurence Fishbourne.
- Visit his official website @ buckycovington.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Apple Music, and Spotify.
Featured Image by Bucky Covington / Instagram
The post Bucky Covington Height, Weight, Age, Body Statistics appeared first on Healthy Celeb.